Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Beginning of Sorts . . .

If my focus is to make Satan's government work or to spend my time trying to fix faults that will be cured by Christ Himself when He comes, then there isn't time to think or hears things [like a still, small voice from God I Kings 19: 11-12].

Pure religion [James 1:27] is doing; visiting widows and the fatherless and keeping unspotted from the world. Keeping unspotted would be not succombing to popular culture.

Being caught up or swept away or reacting to popular culture is letting it tell me when and what to do--as soon as it dictates my actions--it spots me. If this occurs, I allow physical things to rise in importance. When my motive is pure, a course of action that should produce holiness will follow.

* * * * *


The crux of St. Paul's message was that there is neither male nor female, slave nor free, Jew nor Greek. This new creaure born of spirit that dwells inside the heart and mind is a son of God domiciled in a tent of flesh and has either inside or outside plumbing. This tent of flesh remains male or female and has to conform to expectations of gender. As this son of God dwells inside the heart and mind and is garmented or cloaked by Grace, the tent of flesh will also be garmented in attire appropriate for holiness--meaning modest attire, not tainted or spotted by the world, not caught up in popular culture. But modest to the point where it doesn't cause the attention to be taken away from the actions or deeds of the one who would be holy.

No comments: